الأحد، 3 مارس 2013

Be the heroine!



 
It was like a normal meeting between he and I. He was very charming, he had all the qualities which every girl dreamed of and he ticked all the boxes. He seemed very strong like he could look after and protect me, because I was an orphan girl who was looking for a safe place in this world. As time went by, this strength of his, became my disadvantage instead of my advantage. Every little mistake I made, started off with unnecessary shouting. In time this shouting turned into hitting, but I was hoping it was just a one off. We married and he then revealed his true colours. He started beating me over every small thing, even if it was trivial. I was young, naive and had nobody else so I couldn't complain. I started fearing him but I couldn't leave, I was scared because he threatened to come after me if I tried to get away, so I had no choice but to stay. I had no one else and no where else.

This was a true story of a girl who is only 17 years old. Violence is every where but the sad thing is that this girl had just converted to Islam and this is the first man she met. We can only blame the man who was presenting himself like a Muslim, but he didn't really follow the Islamic instructions. He was Muslim by name but not by heart. The truth is that Islam is about mercy, love and doesn't allow violence of any sort. In the Jaahiliyyah they used to bury baby girls alive and even now (after the merciful instructions of Islam)  girls are being buried, but not physically, yet psychologically!!  So I'm advising every woman that You don't deserve to bear such abuse. If you are brought up just to exist and serve a man for his pleasure, know that you have the right to your own life and dignity. You are honored in Islam even the male dominated society, which is influenced by culture and not Islam, doesn't admit it. Revolt and don't be the victim. Be the heroine because you are!

By/ Marwa Al-Husseiny

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by NewWpThemes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | New Blogger Themes تعريب قوالب بلوجر